Dental bonding is a simple and cost-effective procedure we use here at Reston Dental Care to apply a tooth-colored resin to the surface of your teeth to enhance its appearance. This cosmetic treatment is a quick, easy and affordable way to address a variety of dental issues such as chips, cracks, stains and gaps.
The Dental Bonding Process
The bonding process typically involves the following steps:
- Preparation: Our dentists will begin by cleaning the tooth and preparing it for the bonding process.
- Bonding: Our dentists will then apply a special adhesive to the tooth, followed by the bonding material. The material is typically a composite resin that is matched to the color of your natural teeth so it blends in seamlessly.
- Shaping: Once the bonding material has been applied, we will shape it to achieve the desired result. This may involve trimming away excess material, sculpting it into the desired shape and polishing it to give it a natural-looking finish.
- Curing: Finally, the bonding material will be cured using a special light, which helps it harden and bond to the tooth.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is a quick treatment we can complete in one visit. It is a great option if you want to improve the appearance of your teeth without undergoing more invasive procedures like veneers or crowns.
Some of the benefits of dental bonding include:
- Improved appearance: Dental bonding can help to restore the appearance of damaged or discolored teeth, giving you a brighter, more attractive smile.
- Quick and easy: Unlike other dental procedures, bonding can usually be completed in a single visit to the dentist, without the need for multiple appointments or extensive preparation.
- Affordable: Dental bonding is generally less expensive than other cosmetic dental procedures, making it a great option for people on a budget.
- Noninvasive: Bonding typically involves minimal drilling or removal of tooth enamel, which means it is a less invasive option than veneers or crowns.
Schedule Your Visit Today!
Think dental bonding in Reston, Virginia, is the right choice for you? Contact us today at 703-689-0110 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jenny Cheung and associates to find out!