If the thought of going to the dentist fills you with anxiety or fear, you are not alone. Many people experience dental anxiety or fear, which can make even routine dental visits feel daunting. Fortunately, here at Reston Dental Care, we offer sedation dentistry to help you feel more relaxed and comfortable during dental procedures.
Sedation dentistry involves the use of medication to put you more at ease when visiting our office. Sedation dentistry can be used for a wide range of treatments, from routine cleanings to more complex procedures such as root canals or dental implants. The level of sedation can be adjusted to meet your needs, ranging from mild relaxation to complete unconsciousness.
Types of Sedation Available
Our office provides different types of sedation, including:
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry provides many benefits, including:
- Reduced anxiety: Sedation dentistry can help alleviate dental anxiety, allowing patients to feel more relaxed and comfortable during their dental procedures.
- Increased comfort: With sedation, you can overcome a low pain tolerance, sensitive teeth or a strong gag reflex and feel more comfortable during dental procedures.
- Saved time: The use of sedation allows our dentists and team to perform multiple procedures in one appointment, saving patients time and reducing the need for multiple visits.
- Improved oral health: With its calming effects, you can receive the dental care you need, improving your overall oral health and preventing further dental problems.
- No memory of the procedure: Sedation allows you to have little to no memory of the procedure, making future visits easier to manage.
Discover Comfortable and Quality Care Today!
If you are nervous or anxious about visiting the dentist, sedation dentistry may be the solution for you. Contact Reston Dental Care today at 703-689-0110 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jenny Cheung and associates and find out if sedation dentistry in Reston, Virginia, is right for you.