Dental bridges are a common restorative dental procedure used to replace one or more missing teeth. Our dentists may recommend a dental bridge to restore your ability to chew and speak properly, maintain the shape of your face and prevent the remaining teeth from shifting out of position.
What To Expect
The process of getting a dental bridge involves many different steps, including:
- Preparation: The first step in the process is to prepare the teeth that will be used to anchor the bridge. For this, our dentists will remove a small amount of tooth enamel from these teeth to make room for the dental crowns that will be placed over them.
- Impressions: Next, we will take impressions of your teeth, which will be used to create a model of your mouth. This model will be sent to a dental laboratory, where the bridge will be custom-made to fit your mouth and match the color of your surrounding teeth.
- Temporary bridge: Before you receive your permanent bridge, you will wear a temporary bridge to protect your exposed teeth and gums.
- Placement: Once the permanent bridge is ready, we will remove the temporary bridge and check the fit of the new bridge. The bridge will then be cemented into place using a dental adhesive.
- Adjustments: Our dentists may need to make some minor adjustments to ensure that the bridge fits properly and does not interfere with your bite.
After the procedure, it may take a few days to get used to the feel of the new bridge in your mouth. You may also experience some sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures, but this should subside within a few days.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
There are many benefits of choosing dental bridges to replace one or multiple teeth here at Reston Dental Care. These include:
- Restored ability to chew and speak: Dental bridges can help to restore the function of your teeth, allowing you to chew and speak properly.
- Maintained facial structure: Missing teeth can cause your face to sag, making you appear older than you are. This restoration can help to maintain the natural shape of your face.
- Improved oral health: Dental bridges can help to prevent the remaining teeth from shifting out of place and causing further oral health problems.
- Natural-looking appearance: This restoration can be custom-made to match the color of your surrounding teeth, giving you a natural-looking smile.
- Long-lasting solution: With proper care and maintenance, dental bridges can last for many years.
Enjoy a Long-Lasting Smile Today!
If you are missing one or more teeth, dental bridges in Reston, Virginia, may be a good option for restoring your smile and maintaining optimal oral health. Give us a call today at 703-689-0110 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jenny Cheung and associates.