Are you looking for an affordable way to replace several teeth? If so, our dentists may recommend dentures and partials here at Reston Dental Care. These are removable dental prostheses made to replace missing teeth and restore the function and appearance of your smile.
Types of Dentures
The two most common dentures we offer at our office are full dentures and partial dentures.
Conventional Full Dentures: These are a complete set of dentures that replace all of the teeth in the upper or lower jaw. They are custom-made to fit your mouth and can take several appointments to complete. They are held in place with suction and adhesive.
Partial Dentures: These are designed to replace one or more missing teeth, while allowing you to keep your remaining natural teeth. They are held in place by clasps that attach to adjacent teeth.
The Fitting Process
The fitting process for dentures typically involves several appointments with our dentists and team. The process may vary slightly depending on the type of dentures you are getting but generally involves the following steps:
- Initial consultation: Our dentists will examine your mouth and discuss your options for dentures. We will take X-rays and impressions of your mouth to create a mold of your teeth and gums.
- Preparing for dentures: If you need any teeth extracted, we will do this prior to taking impressions. You may also need to have your gums or bone reshaped to ensure a good fit.
- Making the denture: The mold of your teeth and gums is sent to a dental laboratory, where the denture is fabricated. This process can take several weeks.
- Fitting the denture: Once the denture is ready, we will have you try it on and make any adjustments to ensure it fits comfortably. You may need to come back for additional adjustments as your mouth adjusts to the denture.
- Follow-up appointments: Our office will schedule follow-up appointments to check the fit and function of your denture and make any necessary adjustments. It is important to attend these appointments to ensure the longevity and functionality of your denture.
During the fitting process, we will also provide instructions on how to care for your denture and maintain good oral hygiene. It may take a while to get used to wearing dentures, but with proper care and maintenance, they can provide a comfortable and natural-looking solution for missing teeth.
Benefits of Dentures & Partials
Aside from being more cost-effective, dentures and partials offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Enhanced oral health: Dentures and partials can help prevent further damage to your remaining teeth and gums, maintaining your overall oral health.
- Restored function: These prosthetics can restore your ability to chew and speak properly, improving your quality of life.
- Natural-looking appearance: With advancements in technology, these can look and feel like natural teeth, providing a natural-looking smile.
- Customizable: Dentures and partials can be customized to fit your individual needs and preferences, ensuring a comfortable and personalized fit.
Overcome Tooth Loss Today!
Do not let tooth loss steal away your smile — call us today at 703-689-0110 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jenny Cheung and associates to see if dentures and partials in Reston, Virginia, are right for you.