Professional teeth whitening is a cosmetic treatment performed by our dentists and team here at Reston Dental Care. This treatment uses a powerful bleaching agent that can effectively remove deep stains and discoloration from the teeth, resulting in a brighter, whiter smile.
What To Expect During Your Treatment
The process for in-office teeth whitening typically involves the following steps:
- Evaluation: Our dentists and team will examine your teeth to determine if you are a good candidate for teeth whitening. We may also take X-rays to ensure that there are no underlying dental issues that could be affected by the whitening process.
- Preparation: Before we begin, we will clean your teeth to remove any plaque or tartar buildup, which can interfere with the whitening process. We may also use a special resin or rubber dam to protect your gums and soft tissues from the bleaching agent.
- Whitening: We will apply a professional-grade bleaching agent to your teeth and use a special light or laser to activate the whitening process.
- Follow-Up: After the whitening process is complete, we will evaluate the results to ensure that the desired shade has been achieved. We may also offer tips on how to maintain your newly whitened smile.
Our dentists may also provide you with take-home whitening kits to achieve your desired results from the comfort of your home.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening offers a range of benefits beyond just improving the appearance of your smile. These include:
- Boosts self-confidence: When your teeth are whiter and brighter, you are more likely to smile and show off your teeth. This can help boost your self-confidence and make you feel more comfortable in social situations.
- Improves overall appearance: Teeth whitening can help remove stubborn stains and discoloration caused by food, drinks and other factors. This can give your smile a more youthful and vibrant appearance.
- Makes you look more attractive: Studies have shown that people with whiter teeth are often perceived as more attractive and successful than those with yellow or stained teeth.
- Enhances career prospects: A bright, confident smile can be an asset in many professions, particularly those that involve interacting with clients or customers.
- Improves oral health: Teeth whitening can help remove surface stains and plaque buildup, which can help prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Increases willingness to maintain good oral hygiene habits: When you invest in teeth whitening, you are more likely to take good care of your teeth and gums to maintain the results.
Contact Us Today!
Looking to achieve a brighter and more attractive smile? Give us a call today at 703-689-0110 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jenny Cheung and associates for professional teeth whitening in Reston, Virginia.